This statement represents a guide to the acceptable use of DirectUs.net services. Any Customer/Member or Affiliate connected to the DirectUs.net network must comply with this policy as well as the stated purposes and Acceptable Use Policies (AUP) of any other networks or hosts accessed through the DirectUs network. In the instance that DirectUs' policies differ from those of other network or host, DirectUs' policies shall take precedence for the purpose of determining Acceptable Use.
Each customer/member and/or affiliate organization is responsible for its activities with respect to the DirectUs Acceptable Usage Policy, and additionally for ensuring that its users are familiar with, and adhere to, the DirectUs.net Acceptable Use Policy. Further, it is expected that each Customer/Member and Affiliate will maintain and enforce its own Acceptable Use Policies consistent with the philosophy of DirectUs.net's AUP. Such policies are expected to include statements to:
- Respect the privacy of other users; for example, users shall not intentionally seek information on, obtain copies of, or modify files, other data, or passwords belonging to other users, or represent themselves as another user unless explicitly authorized to do so by that user.
- Respect the legal protection provided by copyright and license to programs and data.
- Respect the integrity of computing systems; for example, users shall not intentionally develop programs that harass other users or infiltrate a computer or computing system and/or damage or alter the software components of a computer or computing system.
Further DirectUs.net will not allow any traffic on its network that it deems to be offensive or of an illegal nature. This includes E-mail, USENET News, Chat Rooms or World Wide Web pages or content.
DirectUs.net may at any time, in its sole discretion; make a determination as to if a particular use is consistent with the philosophy, spirit and intent of DirectUSís Acceptable Use Policy. If in the judgment of DirectUs a given user fails to ascribe to the DirectUs Acceptable Use Policy, service to that user may be summarily terminated. In such instance no refund for unused service time will be made by DirectUs.net
The following policies and guidelines will be applied to determine if a particular use is appropriate under the terms of this policy:
- Malicious use of service or facilities is not acceptable.
- Use should be consistent with accepted community standards.
- DirectUs.net services & facilities may not be used in a manner that violates any national, state, or local laws or regulations.
- Use of DirectUs.net or any attached network facilities & services in a manner that precludes, impedes or significantly hampers use of the network by other customers is not allowed.
- Unlimited access is defined as the privilege or facility to make an unlimited number connection attempts to the DirectUs network, not withstanding so called "War dialer(s)(ing)" for the purpose of establashing a Denial of Service attack on the network or monopolizing network resources are strictly prohibited.
- Unlimited access does not grant the user/customer the right to perpetual or continuous access or use of DirectUs services. Further DirectUs reserves the right to terminate a users service connection any time a sessionís connection duration exceeds DirectUSís threshold for a given customerís service plan.
- Unsolicited advertising (Spam) is not acceptable.
- Advertising is permitted on some mailing lists and news groups if the mailing list or news group explicitly allows advertising.
Should you have a question regarding DirectUsí Acceptable Use Policy please contact the Customer Support Office. Contact information for Support is available in the Customer Support area.